Nutrition Education Programs
Students will learn the theory of nutrition education and its application to groups in the community. Students will apply both nutrition knowledge and health behaviour change to the process of nutrition education. Students learn the theory of small group education process and have the opportunity to observe and facilitate learning in small groups.
- Semester 2 - 2015
- Semester 2 - 2016
2. Apply evidence based practice in program development.
3. Apply models of behaviour change to nutrition education.
4. Plan, implement and evaluate nutrition promotion programs.
5. Develop sufficiently detailed session plans.
6. Describe the principles of adult education and group processes.
7. Identify and begin to demonstrate skills required for facilitating group education sessions.
- Defining nutrition education.
- Adult education theory.
- Models of health behaviour change.
- The evidence base for dietetic interventions.
- Assessing needs for nutrition education.
- Program planning for nutrition education.
- Evaluating nutrition education programs.
- Small group facilitation skills.
- Stages in small group process.
- Resolving conflict.
Review of Progress
This course is a compulsory program requirement for students in the following program(s):
In addition to meeting the University's overall requirements for academic progression, students enrolled in these program(s) must satisfactorily complete this course in order to progress in their program.
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Hons). Pre-requisite - successful completion of NUDI3310
NUDI2200 Nutrition 2
Presentation: Oral presentation (mini Nutrition Education Session) *
Written Assignment: Written Assignment (Nutrition Education Program document) (Capstone) *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Written Assignment: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- Presentation: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- First Aid Certificate - students must complete a First Aid Certificate issued by an approved provider.
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Mandatory NSW Health Verification Requirements must be met.
Face to Face On Campus 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term starting in week 1