Clinical Nutrition 2
Studies clinical nutrition as it relates to the prevention and treatment of disease. The course deals with the nutritional aspects of diseases and clinical disorders by integrating students' existing knowledge of physiology and biochemistry and food science.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Demonstrate knowledge of nutrition principles and their application to disease prevention and management.
2. Interpret and translate scientific knowledge and principles related to nutrition into practical information.
3. Demonstrate a knowledge of medical terminology and medical abbreviations associated with nutrition related diseases and conditions.
4. Collect, organise and assess data relating to the health and nutritional status of individuals.
- Nutrition Support in critical illness
- Genetic Metabolic Disorders
- Renal Disease
- Pulmonary Disease
- Rheumatic Disease
- Food sensitivity
- Eating Disorders
This course is only available to students enrolled in the B Nutrition & Dietetics (Honours) program. Pre-requisite - successful completion of NUDI3220, NUDI3240 and HUBS2503
NUDI2200 Nutrition 2 NUDI3240 Dietetic Practice HUBS2505 Human Pathophysiology
Quiz: Class quiz
Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Laboratory assignments (2)
Formal Examination: Formal Exam *
Professional Task: Compulsory Practical Placement *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Formal Examination: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- Professional Task: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- First Aid Certificate - students must complete a First Aid Certificate issued by an approved provider.
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Students must complete NSW Health Department requirements for students to attend placements in NSW Health facilities.
Face to Face On Campus 4 hour(s) per Week for 2 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Self-Directed 18 hour(s) per Term
Compulsory Practical Placement - 15 hours full term
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 3 Weeks