Available in 2012
|Newcastle City Precinct||Semester 1, Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
This course will involve the production and submission of a creative project on the student's chosen area of music specialisation, together with appropriate documentation; or in the case of Combined Performance/Research students, an extended research essay on an approved topic.
On successful completion of this course it is expected that students should have attained:
1) detailed understanding of specific issues and concepts relating to aspects of their chosen field;
2) detailed knowledge of materials and sources relating to these issues;
3) ability to present an extended research project in the chosen specialisation at Honours level;
4) skills in undertaking an extended critical/analytical OR creative task at Honours level; and
5) ability to document activities on the chosen research project at Honours level.
Course content will vary depending on the nature of the music specialisation chosen. Course content may include (but is not limited to):
- The production and submission of a research project in a field of music
- Undertaking independent research, guided where appropriate by directed readings, consultation and feedback from an assigned supervisor.
- Submission of documentation detailing the process of realising the project through rehearsals, recordings, and practical research (as appropriate to the field).
This course replaces the courses MUSI4204 & MUSI4602.
The introduction of this course poses no transitional problems to existing students in the music Honours program.
It is assumed that students entering the Bachelor of Music (Honours) program will have successfully completed a Bachelor of Music program (or equivalent), and attained an average credit grade in a major study relevant to their proposed Honours music specialisation. Successful completion of MUSI4402 is assumed.
Modes of Delivery
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
Individual Supervision: for 7 hour(s) per Term for Full Term