Available in 2013
|Newcastle City Precinct||Semester 1|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
This course will involve the production and submission of a creative project on the student's chosen area of music specialisation, together with appropriate documentation; or in the case of Combined Performance/Research students, an extended research essay on an approved topic.
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course it is expected that students should have attained:
1) detailed understanding of specific issues and concepts relating to aspects of their chosen field;
2) detailed knowledge of materials and sources relating to these issues;
3) ability to present an extended research project in the chosen specialisation at Honours level;
4) skills in undertaking an extended critical/analytical OR creative task at Honours level; and
5) ability to document activities on the chosen research project at Honours level.
|Content||Course content will vary depending on the nature of the music specialisation chosen. Course content may include (but is not limited to):
- The production and submission of a research project in a field of music
- Undertaking independent research, guided where appropriate by directed readings, consultation and feedback from an assigned supervisor.
- Submission of documentation detailing the process of realising the project through rehearsals, recordings, and practical research (as appropriate to the field).
|Replacing Course(s)||This course replaces the courses MUSI4204 & MUSI4602.|
|Transition||The introduction of this course poses no transitional problems to existing students in the music Honours program.|
|Assumed Knowledge||It is assumed that students entering the Bachelor of Music (Honours) program will have successfully completed a Bachelor of Music program (or equivalent), and attained an average credit grade in a major study relevant to their proposed Honours music specialisation. Successful completion of MUSI4402 is assumed.|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
|Teaching Methods||Individual Supervision|
|Contact Hours||Individual Supervision: for 7 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for MUSI4404|