Music Honours 3
|Course code MUSI4403||Units 20||Level 4000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
This course provides an opportunity for continued advanced study in the approved chosen area of music specialisation. Students will work at a highly developed level in their discipline through regular consultation with a supervisor. This preparation will result in a substantial presentation of new material, demonstrating the achievements of their studies throughout the semester.
Specialisations in music Honours may include (but are not limited to) performance, composition and music technology. Please consult with the music Honours supervisor for further information.
Not available in 2015
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course it is expected that students should have attained: |
1) The ability to demonstrate competently activities at an advanced (Honours) level of proficiency
2) A broadened knowledge of the subject matter as appropriate to their specialisation in music
3) An extended level of organisational and technical skill as related to their area of music study
4) A greater understanding of research methodology involved with their area of music specialisation
|Content||Course content will vary depending on the nature of the music specialisation chosen. Course content may include (but is not limited to): |
- Studying advanced interpretative and technical issues
- Preparing for a recital program with a tutor in an instrument/voice
- Participating in performance seminars and live concerts
- Analysis of theoretical issues and/or research methodologies
- Studies that support the development of an individual compositional style
- Using technological resources to aid creative activities
Further details of course content will be provided in the course outline at the beginning of the semester.
|Replacing Course(s)||This course replaces the courses MUSI4202 and MUSI4212.|
|Transition||The introduction of this course poses no transitional problems to existing students in the music Honours program.|
|Assumed Knowledge||It is assumed that students entering the Bachelor of Music (Honours) program will have successfully completed a Bachelor of Music program (or equivalent), and attained an average credit grade in the major study relevant to their proposed Honours music specialisation. Successful completion of MUSI4401 is assumed.|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Teaching Methods||Individual Supervision|
|Contact Hours||Individual Supervision: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|