Collaborative Music Making 5
|Course code MUSI3461||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
This is a practical course in music performance and presentation in collaborative settings. These settings include performances in large and small ensembles (for example orchestra, big band and choir), as well contemporary combinations such as jazz, laptop ensembles and pop bands. It consists of rehearsals and performances in a range of ensembles involving collaborative engagement with other performers, composers and creative producers. Included is the development of skills in internet-based music and audio. There will also be classes on specific topics relevant to all forms of musical collaboration. Works performed are selected from wide variety of musical styles and repertoires.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||At the completion of this course students will demonstrate:|
1. the ability to contribute to an ensemble through an advanced level of performance, composition, arrangement and/or production.
2. professional behaviour and commitment to participating in an ensemble, deep understanding of musical collaboration and teamwork, working collaboratively and assisting in preparation for rehearsals/performances and ability to responsibly fulfill requests by ensemble director.
3. advanced understanding of precise stylistic details, instrumental characteristics and musical responsiveness to sound to enable a musically unified performance.
4. the ability to creatively use internet and other computer-based sources for music creation, promotion and distribution.
5. the ability to offer musical leadership in areas allocated by the ensemble director including responsibility for music scores, the interpretation of works, motivating the group, energising rehearsals and communicating musical ideas.
6. awareness of the current performance practice of works studied including research on these works and preparing detailed program notes for the performance.
|Content||1. Rehearsals, performances and workshops|
2. Music technology class
3. Collaborative skills class
|Assumed Knowledge||MUSI2462 Collaborative Music Making 4|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Workshop: for 4 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Lecture: for 9 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for MUSI3461|