Principal Study 6
|Course code MUSI3202||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
This course brings to culmination all the fundamental music studies, exploration into various genres and developing stylistic focus of previous semesters in the form of a specialist performance/creative or research project. This final semester of the B.MUS is therefore more open in scope (subject to approval), giving students the opportunity to prepare for a professional career after graduation and possibly Honours.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||At the completion of this course students will demonstrate, within their chosen area of study:|
- Ability to focus sophisticated techniques, as applicable, in the realisation of a creative and/or performance project specific to chosen practice.
- Evidence of well-developed individual style and highly sensitive expressive control in the realisation of the creative component of the project.
- Understanding of their practice/work routine and evidence of its implementation at an advanced level of efficiency
- Ability to communicate via their particular medium at a professional level through diverse means, which may include technology.
- Professional presentation at all levels in a performance/creative project or portfolio.
- The ability to focus critical thinking and the research process in a creative/performance project and/or portfolio.
|Content||The syllabi for this course (for each instrument, voice, creative production and composition) have been designed to provide the student with a structured yet flexible framework within which to develop their principal study skills. Diversity of styles is encouraged. The course outline and related syllabi contain details of course requirements. Students will be assessed by a list of criteria throughout the semester. These requirements will vary depending on the major strand studied.|
- Students will receive individual and/or group classes and technical classes as appropriate to their chosen practice.
- Students will participate in performance practice and/or presentation classes.
|Assumed Knowledge||MUSI3201 Principal Study 5. This course is limited to program enrolment (or by permission of the HOS).|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Workshop: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for .75 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for MUSI3202|