Not available in 2012
Provides a study of 19th century music, focussing on three areas: analysis of set works, discussion and implementation of performance styles and reception studies.
At the conclusion of the semester, students will be required to demonstrate:
1. analytical skills
2. performance practice skills informed by research
3. knowledge of social, cultural and artistic context to a given area of study
4. research skills
1. Study of social, cultural and artistic centres and movements in the 19th century.
2. Music Analysis of set works from the 19th century
3. Study of associated performance practices, including some language and cultural studies
4. Practical realisation of works from the 19th century
Modes of Delivery
Workshop: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term