Studies in 19th Century Music 2
Provides a study of 19th century music, focussing on three areas: analysis of set works, discussion and implementation of performance styles and reception studies.
Not currently available.
1. Analytical skills
2. Performance practice skills informed by research
3. Knowledge of social, cultural and artistic context to a given area of study
4. Research skills
- Study of social, cultural and artistic centres and movements in the 19th century.
- Music Analysis of set works from the 19th century
- Study of associated performance practices, including some language and cultural studies
- Practical realisation of works from the 19th century
Log / Workbook: Log Book
Presentation: Presentation - Researched Performance
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term