|Course code MUSI2822||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
21st century music pedagogy needs to be inclusive in order to promote positive learning experiences for the widest possible range of learners. The course deals with the teaching of music performance and creative skills in a wide range of music genres and settings including one-on-one, group, classroom and community. Various approaches, theories, methodologies and techniques of music pedagogy are dealt with.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2005, 2004|
|Objectives||At the successful completion of this course students will demonstrate:|
1. An understanding of the various contexts in which people learn music
2. An understanding the different approaches to music pedagogy and their relevance and effectiveness in various learning environments including oral and written traditions.
3. An ability to develop a research-led teaching approach
4. Apply current research findings in music pedagogy, cognitive science and information technology for effective development of music performance and creative skills
5. the ability to apply explicit stylistic, instrumental and theoretical parameters in the assessment of musical performance and students musical aptitudes.
|Content||Course content will include, but is not limited to, study of: |
-pedagogical and other applicable research
-music learners, their environments and inclusive approaches to learning
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term