Creative and Analytical Studies in Music 4
|Course code MUSI2632||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
This is the forth in a series of five courses that aim to develop skills and the understanding of musical organisation, structures and techniques, shared musical vocabularies, aural skills, musical representation and communication. Examples from a wide diversity of musical styles are presented. The course also provides the opportunity to apply these tools and abilities creatively in any genre or era as defined by the interest of the student. This course particularly focuses on developed and advanced harmonic procedures, analysis and musical problem solving.
Not available in 2015
|Previously offered in 2014|
|Objectives||At the successful completion of this course students will be able to:|
1. demonstrate an understanding of harmonic techniques and processes that are specific to certain musical styles and eras, including classical, popular, jazz and world music and their application in musical composition, performance and production.
2. recognise, create and analyse significant approaches to musical organisation, with a particular emphasis on those developed harmonic techniques, and their application in musical composition, performance and production
3. demonstrate a advanced level aural recognition and transcription skills
4. demonstrate the ability analyse musical process and to communicate these analyses in written and spoken forms
5. demonstrate the ability to use a range of creative resources to solve musical problems
|Content||Course content will include lectures, tutorial tasks, aural and transcription activities, technical practice exercises and other student activities.|
|Assumed Knowledge||Creative and Analytical Studies in Music 3 (MUSI2631)|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term