Collaborative Music Making 4
|Course code MUSI2462||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
This is a practical course in music performance and presentation in collaborative settings. These settings include performances in large and small ensembles (for example orchestra, big band and choir), as well contemporary combinations such as jazz, laptop ensembles and pop bands. It consists of rehearsals and performances in a range of ensembles involving collaborative engagement with other performers, composers and creative producers. Included is the development of skills in using hardware and software for audio processing as it applies to to various group and ensemble activities. There will also be classes on specific topics relevant to all forms of musical collaboration. Works performed are selected from wide variety of musical styles and repertoires.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||At the completion of this course students will demonstrate:|
1. the ability to contribute to an ensemble through a high level of performance, composition, arrangement and/or production.
2. professional behaviour and commitment to participating in an ensemble, including teamwork, working collaboratively and assisting in preparation for rehearsals/performances and ability to responsibly fulfil requests by ensemble director.
3. advanced understanding of precise stylistic details, instrumental characteristics and musical responsiveness to sound and blend to enable a musically unified performance.
4. the ability to creatively use audio mediation in the presentation of a musical collaboration.
5. an understanding of each role in the musical collaboration including appropriate leadership and followership (the ability of to follow the directions of a leader).
6. the demonstrated ability to lead an ensemble in areas allocated by the ensemble director.
|Content||1. Rehearsals, performances and workshops|
2. Music technology class
3. Collaborative skills class
Students are required to check the course blackboard site several times per week for important information relating to this course such as important announcements, ensemble rehearsal and assessment times.
|Assumed Knowledge||MUSI2461 Collaborative Music Making 3|
Audition may be required for some ensembles
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Lecture: for 7 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
Workshop: for 3 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for MUSI2462|