Collaborative Music Making 3
|Course code MUSI2461||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
This is a practical course in music performance and presentation in collaborative settings. These settings include performances in large and small ensembles (for example orchestra, big band and choir), as well contemporary combinations such as jazz, laptop ensembles and pop bands. It consists of rehearsals and performances in a range of ensembles involving collaborative engagement with other performers, composers and creative producers. Included is the development of skills in live audio production for ensembles of varying sizes and make-up. There will also be classes on specific topics relevant to all forms of musical collaboration. Works performed are selected from wide variety of musical styles and repertoires.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||At the completion of this course students will demonstrate:|
1. the ability to contribute to an ensemble through developed level of performance, composition, arrangement and/or production.
2. professional behaviour and commitment to participating in an ensemble, including teamwork, as well as the ability to responsibly fulfill requests by ensemble director.
3. understanding of precise stylistic details to enable a musically unified performance.
4. the ability to competently organise, set-up and mix live sound for an ensemble.
5. understanding of each role in the musical collaboration process, including leadership and followership (the ability of to follow the directions of a leader).
|Content||1. Rehearsals, performances and workshops|
2. Music technology class
3. Collaborative skills class
|Assumed Knowledge||MUSI1462 Collaborative Music Making 2|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Workshop: for 4 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Lecture: for 9 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for MUSI2461|