Principal Study Double Major 3
|Course code MUSI2221||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
This course involves fundamental music studies in a second area of specialisation for students who are expected to be concurrently enrolled in Principal Study. They can study creative production, songwriting, or music in the creative industries and in the case of creative production, they are not enrolled in creative production as an elective). Entrance in to the double major is subject to approval by the Program Convenor.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||At the completion of this course students will demonstrate, within their chosen area of study:|
- Developed level of implementation of fundamentals of technique applicable to the chosen practice, genres and styles, where appropriate e.g: production standards, control of compositional language, physiological issues and creative use of media.
- Developed capacity for expression and interpretation as appropriate to their chosen practice, e.g: improvisation, analytical and creative approaches to composition and performance and/or innovative use of technology.
- Developed understanding of their practice/work routine and evidence of its implementation.
- Ability to incorporate technology into their practice.
- Continued development of confidence and positive attitude in presenting work, including preparation, readiness, managing anxiety and engaging with music-makers, audiences and other collaborators
- Secure level of critical thinking and research in the student's work.
|Content||The syllabi for this course (for each instrument, voice, creative production and composition) have been designed to provide the student with a structured yet flexible framework within which to develop their skills. Diversity of styles is encouraged. The course outline and related syllabi contain details of course requirements. Students will be assessed throughout the semester according to a list of criteria. These requirements will vary depending on the major strand studied.|
- Students will receive individual and/or group classes and technical classes as appropriate to their chosen practice.
- Students will participate in performance practice and/or presentation classes.
|Assumed Knowledge||MUSI1222. Students should have completed (or be concurrently enrolled in) MUSI2201|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Workshop: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for .75 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for MUSI2221|