Principal Study 3
|Course code MUSI2201||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
This course involves fundamental music studies for students in their primary musical practice (which can be an instrument, voice, composition, creative production or music research) in styles and modes of presentation of their choice, which may involve technology. Repertoires from diverse styles can be studied such as classical, contemporary, popular, jazz and world music. This course offers students the opportunity for intensive development of their individual skills with a focus on the use of technology in their practice.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||At the completion of this course students will demonstrate, within their chosen area of study:|
- Developed level of implementation of fundamentals of technique applicable to the chosen practice, genres and styles, where appropriate e.g: production standards, control of compositional language, physiological issues and creative use of media.
- Developed capacity for expression and interpretation as appropriate to their chosen practice,e.g: improvisation, analytical and creative approaches to composition and performance and/or innovative use of technology.
- Developed understanding of their practice/work routine and evidence of its implementation.
- Ability to incorporate technology into their practice.
- Continued development of confidence and positive attitude in presenting work, including preparation, readiness, managing anxiety and engaging with music-makers, audiences and other collaborators.
- Secure level of critical thinking and research in the student's work.
|Content||The syllabi for this course (for each instrument, voice, creative production and composition) have been designed to provide the student with a structured yet flexible framework within which to develop their principal study skills. Diversity of styles is encouraged. The course outline and related syllabi contain details of course requirements. Students will be assessed by a list of criteria throughout the semester. These requirements will vary depending on the major strand studied.|
- Students will receive individual and/or group classes and technical classes as appropriate to their chosen practice.
- Students will participate in performance practice and/or presentation classes.
|Assumed Knowledge||MUSI1202 Principal Study 2. This course is limited to program enrolment (or by permission of the HOS).|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Workshop: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for .83999999999999997 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for MUSI2201|