Provides a study of 19th century music and ideas, focusing on three areas: analysis, performance practice and reception studies.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Summer 3 - 2017.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Understanding of 19th c. concepts and their application to music
2. 19th c. performance practice
3. Knowledge of social, cultural and artistic context of period studied
- Study of social, cultural and artistic centres and movements in the 19th century.
- Analysis of works from the 19th century
- Study of associated performance practices and realisation of works from the 19th century
- Application of ideas and concepts to creative work or performance
Students enrolling in this course must be able to read music
In Term Test: Listening Test
Presentation: Group Presentation