Not available in 2013
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2006
Provides a study of 19th century music and ideas, focussing on three areas: analysis, performance practice and reception studies.
|Objectives||At the conclusion of the semester, students will be required to demonstrate:
1. Understanding of 19th c. concepts and their application to music
2. 19th c. performance practice
3. Knowledge of social, cultural and artistic context of period studied
|Content||1. Study of social, cultural and artistic centres and movements in the 19th century.
2. Analysis of works from the 19th century
3. Study of associated performance practices and realisation of works from the 19th century
4. Application of ideas and concepts to creative work or performance
|Assumed Knowledge||Musi 1632|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term