Introduction to Keyboard
|Course code MUSI2002||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
This course introduces students to elementary keyboard technique and musicianship. Students will develop a repertoire of songs and pieces in various styles and obtain a method to further their development on the instrument independently. This course will prepare the student to play the keyboard in all situations where simple music-making is required. Students will be requested to practice specific music repertoire outside of regular tutorial times to successfully complete the course.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||On successfully completing MUSI2002 the student will be able to:|
1. Develop a basic understanding and practical working knowledge of elementary keyboard techniques.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and skills involved in performing including the concepts of time, beat, rhythm, chords and elementary music notation.
3. Play simple melodies and chordal accompaniments.
4. Sight-read melodies in a range of keys.
5. Develop aural skills with relation to pitch, rhythm, time signature and performing media.
6. Perform scale patterns and a range of repertoire using elementary keyboard skills.
7. Adapt music making skills to a variety of settings.
8. Develop the ability to select and sequence appropriate repertoire.
|Content||1. Technical work related to a variety of performance repertoire.|
2. Sequentially selected repertoire of performance materials.
3. Basic accompaniment skills.
4. Music literacy skills and aural development appropriate to the level of performance.
|Assumed Knowledge||Students undertaking this subject do NOT require any previous musical training.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for MUSI2002|