Collaborative Music Making 2
|Course code MUSI1462||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
This is a practical course in music performance and presentation in collaborative settings. These settings include performances in large and small ensembles (for example orchestra, big band and choir), as well contemporary combinations such as jazz, laptop ensembles and pop bands. It consists of rehearsals and performances in a range of ensembles involving collaborative engagement with other performers, composers and creative producers. There will also be classes on specific topics relevant to all forms of musical collaboration. Included is the development of skills in audio and video recording applicable to group and ensemble activities. Works performed are selected from wide variety of musical styles and repertoires.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||At the completion of this course students will demonstrate:|
1. The ability to contribute to an ensemble through performance, composition, arrangement and/or production.
2. Professional behaviour and commitment to participating in an ensemble, including teamwork.
3. Understanding of the process of rehearsal and preparation for a performance.
4. The ability to competently record sound and vision and digitally manipulate files.
5. Understanding of each role in the musical collaboration process, including leadership and followership (the ability of to follow the directions of a leader).
|Content||1. Rehearsals, performances and workshops|
2. Music technology class
3. Collaborative skills class
Students are required to check the course blackboard site several times per week for important information relating to this course such as important announcements, ensemble rehearsal and assessment times.
|Assumed Knowledge||MUSI1461 Collaborative Music Making 1|
Audition may be required for some ensembles
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Workshop: for 4 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Lecture: for 7 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for MUSI1462|