Principal Study Double Major 1
|Course code MUSI1221||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
This course involves fundamental music studies in a second area of specialisation for students who are expected to be concurrently enrolled in Principal Study. They can study an additional instrument or composition, creative production or music research (provided that it is a different area of study from their principal study and in the case of creative production, they are not enrolled in creative production as an elective). Entrance in to the double major is subject to approval by the HOS. Repertoires from diverse styles can be studied such as classical, contemporary, popular, jazz and world music. This course offers students the opportunity for intensive development of their individual skills with a focus on exploring styles and genres other than those with which the student is familiar.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||At the completion of this course students will demonstrate, within their chosen area of study:|
- A basic awareness of fundamentals of technique applicable to the chosen practice, where appropriate e.g: production standards, control of compositional language, physiological issues and creative use of media.
- A basic understanding of aspects of creative expression as it applies to their practice.
- Basic understanding of their practice/work routine
- Development of basic levels of confidence in presenting work, including preparation, readiness and managing anxiety
- An introductory understanding of critical thinking and research in their work
|Content||The syllabi for this course (for each instrument, voice, creative production and composition) have been designed to provide the student with a structured yet flexible framework within which to develop their skills. Diversity of styles is encouraged. The course outline and related syllabi contain details of course requirements. Students will be assessed throughout the semester according to a list of criteria. These requirements will vary depending on the major strand studied.|
- Students will receive individual and/or group classes and technical classes as appropriate to their chosen practice.
- Students will participate in performance practice and/or presentation classes.
|Assumed Knowledge||An audition/portfolio is required before enrolling in this course. Students should have completed (or be concurrently enrolled in) MUSI1201.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Workshop: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Workshop: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Workshop: for .83999999999999997 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for MUSI1221|