Principal Study 2
|Course code MUSI1202||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
This course involves fundamental music studies for students in their primary musical practice (which can be an instrument, voice, composition, creative production or music research). Repertoires from diverse styles can be studied such as classical, contemporary, popular, jazz and world music. This course offers students the opportunity for intensive development of their individual skills with a focus on exploring styles and genres other than those with which the student is familiar.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||At the completion of this course students will demonstrate, within their chosen area of study:|
- Proficient implementation of fundamentals of technique applicable to the chosen practice, where appropriate e.g: production standards, control of compositional language and physiological issues and creative use of media.
- Proficient implementation of expression and interpretation as appropriate to their chosen practice,e.g: improvisation, analytical and creative approaches to composition and performance and/or innovative use of technology.
- An understanding of stylistic diversity e.g: technology, collaboration, repertoire, genre, hybrid forms and familiarity with styles other than the chosen focus of the student.
- Proficient understanding of the student's practice/work routine and evidence of its implementation.
- Development of confidence in presenting work, including preparation, readiness, managing anxiety and engaging with music-makers, audiences and other collaborators.
- Continuing development of understanding of critical thinking and discernment in the student's work.
|Content||The syllabi for this course (for each instrument, voice, creative production and composition) have been designed to provide the student with a structured yet flexible framework within which to develop their principal study skills. Diversity of styles is encouraged. The course outline and related syllabi contain details of course requirements. Students will be assessed by a list of criteria throughout the semester. These requirements will vary depending on the major strand studied.|
- Students will receive individual and/or group classes and technical classes as appropriate to their chosen practice.
- Students will participate in performance practice and/or presentation classes
|Assumed Knowledge||MUSI1201 Principal Study 1. This course is limited to program enrolment (or by permission of the HOS).|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Workshop: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for .83999999999999997 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for MUSI1202|