Principal Study 1
|Course code MUSI1201||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
This course involves fundamental music studies for students in their primary musical practice (which can be an instrument, voice, composition, creative production or music research). Repertoires from diverse styles can be studied such as classical, contemporary, popular, jazz and world music. This course offers students the opportunity for intensive development of their individual skills with specific focus on the technical detail of their chosen area of study.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||At the completion of this course students will demonstrate, within their chosen area of study:|
- A basic awareness of fundamentals of technique applicable to the chosen practice, where appropriate e.g: production standards, control of compositional language and physiological issues and creative use of media.
- A basic understanding of aspects of creative expression as it applies to their practice.
- Basic understanding of their practice/work routine.
- Development of basic levels of confidence in presenting work, including preparation, readiness and managing anxiety.
- An introductory understanding of critical thinking and research in their work.
|Content||The syllabi for this course (for each instrument, voice, creative production and composition) have been designed to provide the student with a structured yet flexible framework within which to develop their principal study skills. Diversity of styles is encouraged. The course outline and related syllabi contain details of course requirements. Students will be assessed by a list of criteria throughout the semester. These requirements will vary depending on the major strand studied.|
- Students will receive individual and/or group classes and technical classes as appropriate to their chosen practice.
- Students will participate in performance practice and/or presentation classes.
|Assumed Knowledge||An audition/portfolio is required before enrolling in this course.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Workshop: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for .75 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for MUSI1201|