Keyboard and Music Proficiency
This course gives students the opportunity to develop basic skills and knowledge of music theory and aural skills. The course enables students to gain practical strategies for independent & self-directed learning easily adaptable to the study of their principal instrument and musicianship in general.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 1 - 2017.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Create and perform chord charts and lead sheets of contemporary nomenclature and common practice notation
2. Compose and perform short pieces using common generic chord patterns and sequences
3. Demonstrate understanding of basic rhythmic, melodic and harmonic principles including chord patterns and cycles
4. Identify chord qualities, intervals and basic scales and relate these on the keyboard
- Rhythmic and Pitch Notation
- Scales and Key Signatures
- Common Chord Progressions
- Writing Lead Sheets
This course is similar to MUSI1260. If you have completed MUSI1260 you cannot enrol in this course.
In Term Test: Mid-Term Test
Formal Examination: Final Exam