Not available in 2012
Previously offered in 2009, 2006
Students enrolled in Chamber Choir will attend weekly rehearsals and perform at least at one or more concerts throughout the semester. The chamber choir is a group of approximately 20 singers some of whom are principal study singers others of whom may be instrumentalist or students from other programs.
1.Chamber Choir is to allow students the opportunity to sing at a minimum level in a small vocal ensemble to a high standard, and to learn the skills required of this type of singing.
2. To perform A Capella, thus necessitating good vocal blend and the need to sing with excellent pitch control.
3. Attention will directed to good phrasing and projection of musical line, likewise to diction and vowel formation.
4. To obtain a cohesive and precise ensemble, one which is capable of presenting a wide variety of musical styles.
5. To assume a role which has prominence in the wider community, through concerts and related activities.
6. Students progress through the course, a higher level of attainment is required, both in leadership qualities, vocal and organizational skills.
The Chamber Choir Course will encompass several performances per semester. This will be achieved through:
1. Weekly rehearsals
2. Assigned music to be studied and learnt between rehearsals
3. To engage in concert activity in the local, regional and other areas
4. To assist and document organisational skills required for the smooth running of the ensemble
5. To study the skills required in a cappella ensemble singing such as vocal blend, diction and pitch control
Entry by audition
Modes of Delivery
Workshop: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term