Nuclear Medicine Methods IIIB
|Course code MRSC3350||Units 20||Level 3000||Faculty of Health and MedicineSchool of Health Sciences|
This advanced course reviews current and emerging issues in Nuclear Medicine so that students will be prepared for future professional practice. The course examines current and emerging issues in Nuclear Medicine imaging procedures, radiation biology & radiation protection principles specific to Nuclear Medicine, and transition to professional practice requirements.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||On satisfactory completion of this course students should be able to:|
1. Describe and apply correct nuclear medicine practice in the diagnosis and treatment of disease or injury and appreciate the range of disease processes and injuries which can be diagnosed and treated with nuclear medicine.
2. Apply their clinical reasoning skills with regard to patient management, patient care, and imaging/treatment evaluation.
3. Critically examine emerging issues in nuclear medicine.
4. Describe the principles of Nuclear Medicine radiobiology including molecular and cellular radiation biology, and the biological effects of radiation.
5. Describe and apply principles of Nuclear Medicine radiation protection.
6. Recognise the requirements for professional practice and mandatory continuing professional development programs.
7. Describe basic concepts of health psychology relating to illness and patient care.
|Content||1. Continuing Professional Development.|
2. New and Emerging Technology in Nuclear Medicine.
3. Nuclear Medicine Radiobiology and Radiation Protection.
4. Applications of Health Psychology in Nuclear Medicine.
|Assumed Knowledge||MRSC3300 Nuclear Medicine Methods IIIA|
MRSC3330 Nuclear Professional Practice IIIA
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based|
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
|Teaching Methods||Email Discussion Group|
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Email Discussion Group: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Self Directed Learning: for 6 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for MRSC3350|