Diagnostic Radiography Professional Practice 3B
This course allows students to refine their basic to high level professional skills by participating in skill labs at university and by attending a professional placement at an accredited clinical centre. This professional placement will allow students to finalise their professional skills, complete program competency requirements, and become ready to begin clinical practice. The labs must be passed to be allowed to attend professional placement, and pass the course. Clinical placement occurs during Semester 2 for five weeks.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Observe and identify the role and function of medical radiation practitioners and health care team members in the delivery of health care
2. Continue to apply and participate in MRS procedures at a level suitable to their current clinical experience
3. Continue to develop and demonstrate a professional attitude towards members of the public and other health care workers
4. Further develop clinical reasoning skills
5. Further develop and apply communication skills with members of the public and other health care workers
6. Practice within an ethical and legal framework
7. Evaluate and critique his or her role within and during the clinical practice according to the level of experience
8. Describe the current and future roles that may be required to practice within and reflect on the need for continual learning to improve clinical practice
9. Summarise their clinical learning over the entire clinical program
- Imaging of the soft-tissues of the neck
- Peripheral Vascular
- Imaging of the cardio-Respiratory System
- Multi-System Trauma
Review of Progress
This course is a compulsory program requirement for students in the following program(s):
In addition to meeting the University's overall requirements for academic progression, students enrolled in these program(s) must satisfactorily complete this course in order to progress in their program.
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Diagnostic Radiography) program. Pre-requisite - successful completion of MRSC3100 and MRSC3111. Co-requisite - concurrent enrolment in MRSC3150.
MRSC3100 Diagnostic Radiography Methods IIIA MRSC3111 MRS Clinical IIIA Must be enrolled in or have successfully passed MRSC3150
Log / Workbook: Professional Placement Workbook
Report: General Radiography Image Reports
Report: Reflective Report
Face to Face Off Campus 40 hour(s) per Week for 5 Weeks
A minimum of 200hrs/25 shifts of compulsory clinical practice during the semester or equivalent part time Clinical Briefing 1 hr per semester - compulsory attendance Clinical Debriefing 1hr per semester - compulsory attendance
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 4 Weeks
Attendance to complete laboratory exercises may be used to compliment professional placement.