Nuclear Medicine Professional Practice 2B
This course provides students with the opportunity to further develop Nuclear Medicine professional knowledge, skills, attitudes and experience, by participating in professional skill labs at university and by attending a professional placement at an accredited Nuclear Medicine clinical centre. The labs must be passed to be allowed to attend professional practice, and pass the course.
- Semester 2 - 2015
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. Demonstrate competence in the preparation and performance of more complex Nuclear Medicine procedures
2. Evaluate patients clinical presentation in conjunction with previous medical procedures
3. Demonstrate a professional attitude towards members of the public and other health care workers
4. Demonstrate effective communication to members of the public and other health care workers, such as information gathering, active listening and empathy
5. Practice within an ethical and legal framework
6. Develop clinical reasoning / management
7. Be able to apply the skills and knowledge necessary to employ an evidenced based approach to decision making in healthcare practice
8. Reflect upon, and evaluate and critique his or her role within and during the clinical period, according to the level of experience
9. Demonstrate radiopharmacy procedures
- Skeletal system
- Pulmonary system
- Endocrine system
- Gastro-intestinal system
- Genito-urinary system
- Tumour imaging
- Infection imaging
Review of Progress
This course is a compulsory program requirement for students in the following program(s):
In addition to meeting the University's overall requirements for academic progression, students enrolled in these program(s) must satisfactorily complete this course in order to progress in their program.
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Nuclear Medicine) program. Pre-requisite - successful completion of MRSC2300 and MRSC2330. Co-requisite - concurrent enrolment in MRSC2350.
Report: Report - Professional Placement Workbook *
Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Laboratory Exercises *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- Report: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- First Aid Certificate - students must complete a First Aid Certificate issued by an approved provider.
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Mandatory NSW Health Verification Requirements must be met.
Face to Face Off Campus 40 hour(s) per Week for 4 Weeks
Note: Full Term does not include those times where students are on a timetabled professional placement. For Clinical: Clinical Briefing 1 hr prior to placement - compulsory attendance 20 shifts during the prescribed professional placement
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 3 Weeks