Diagnostic Radiography Professional Practice IIB
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
This course provides students with the opportunity to further develop professional knowledge, skills, attitudes and experience, by participating in professional skill labs at university and by attending a professional placement at an accredited diagnostic radiography clinical centre. The labs and professional placement will increase confidence and competence in undertaking and participating in professional procedures of increasing difficulty or complexity. The labs must be passed to be allowed to attend professional placement, and pass the course. Clinical placement occurs during Semester 2 for five weeks.
This course is a Compulsory Program Component and must be passed in order to progress in the Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Diagnostic Radiography).
|Objectives||Students who successfully complete this course should be able to:
1. apply and participate in MRS procedures at a level suitable to their current clinical experience
2. further develop and demonstrate a professional attitude towards members of the public and other health care workers
3. further develop clinical reasoning skills
4. further develop and apply communication skills with members of the public and other health care workers
5. practice within an ethical and legal framework
6. be able to evaluate and critique his or her role within and during the clinical period, according to the level of experience
|Content||This course is fully integrated with MRSC2150. Medical radiation science students in Year 2 are expected to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes towards clinical practice and procedure at a level commensurate with their professional development as outlined in MRSC2150.
. Plain film imaging of the Head (Cranial Vault, Paranasal Sinuses, Facial Bones and Mandible)
. Plain film imaging of the Abdomen
. Introduction to the administration of Contrast Media
|Assumed Knowledge||MRSC2100 Diagnostic Radiography Methods IIA
MRSC2110 Clinical Education IIA
Must be enrolled in or have successfully passed MRSC2150
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Laboratory: for 1.5 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Clinical: for 40 hour(s) per Week for 5 weeks
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for MRSC2160|