Diagnostic Radiography Professional Practice IIB
This course provides students with the opportunity to further develop professional knowledge, skills, attitudes and experience, by participating in professional skill labs at university and by attending a professional placement at an accredited diagnostic radiography clinical centre. The labs and professional placement will increase confidence and competence in undertaking and participating in professional procedures of increasing difficulty or complexity. The labs must be passed to be allowed to attend professional placement, and pass the course. Clinical placement occurs during Semester 2 for five weeks.
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. Apply and participate in MRS procedures at a level suitable to their current clinical experience
2. Further develop and demonstrate a professional attitude towards members of the public and other health care workers
3. Further develop clinical reasoning skills
4. Further develop and apply communication skills with members of the public and other health care workers
5. Practice within an ethical and legal framework
6. Be able to evaluate and critique his or her role within and during the clinical period, according to the level of experience
This course is fully integrated with MRSC2150. Medical radiation science students in Year 2 are expected to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes towards clinical practice and procedure at a level commensurate with their professional development as outlined in MRSC2150.
- Plain film imaging of the Head (Cranial Vault, Paranasal Sinuses, Facial Bones and Mandible)
- Plain film imaging of the Abdomen
- Introduction to the administration of Contrast Media
Review of Progress
This course is a compulsory program requirement for students in the following program(s):
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Diagnostic Radiography) (11017)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Diagnostic Radiography) (40002)
In addition to meeting the University's overall requirements for academic progression, students enrolled in these program(s) must satisfactorily complete this course in order to progress in their program.
MRSC2100 Diagnostic Radiography Methods IIA MRSC2110 Clinical Education IIA Must be enrolled in or have successfully passed MRSC2150
Portfolio: Professional Placement Assessment *
Professional Task: OSCE *
Written Assignment: Clinical Narrative
Written Assignment: Clinical Case Study
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Laboratory: Attendance Requirement - Students must attend a minimum number of these sessions. - 50% attendance required
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Professional Task: Minimum Grade / Mark Requirement - Students must obtain a specified minimum grade / mark in this assessment item to pass the course.
- Portfolio: Minimum Grade / Mark Requirement - Students must obtain a specified minimum grade / mark in this assessment item to pass the course.
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Mandatory NSW Health Verification Requirements must be met.
Face to Face Off Campus 40 hour(s) per Week for 5 Weeks starting in week 2
Minimum of 200hours/25 shifts of clinical practice. Clinical Briefing 1 hr and Clinical debriefing 1 hr per semester - compulsory attendance NOTE: Full term does not include those times when students are on a timetabled professional placement
Face to Face On Campus 1.5 hour(s) per Week for Full Term