Diagnostic Radiography Professional Practice 2A
This course provides students with the opportunity to consolidate basic professional knowledge, skills, attitudes and experience, by participating in professional skill labs at university and by attending a professional placement at an accredited diagnostic radiography clinical centre. The labs and professional placement will increase confidence and competence in undertaking and participating in basic to more complex professional procedures. The labs must be passed to be allowed to attend professional placement, and pass the course. Clinical placement occurs during Semester 1 for five weeks.
- Semester 1 - 2016
- Semester 1 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Continue to develop and use clinical skills in MRS procedures
2. Further develop and demonstrate a professional attitude towards and ability to communicate with members of the public and other health care workers
3. Further develop their clinical reasoning skills
4. Practice within an existing ethical and legal framework
5. Be able to evaluate and critique their professional role and performance during clinical practice
Musculoskeletal imaging (shoulder, pelvis and vertebral column)
Review of Progress
This course is a compulsory program requirement for students in the following program(s):
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Diagnostic Radiography) (11017)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Diagnostic Radiography) (40002)
In addition to meeting the University's overall requirements for academic progression, students enrolled in these program(s) must satisfactorily complete this course in order to progress in their program.
Students must be concurrently enrolled in MRSC2100, have successfully completed MRSC1100, MRSC1110 & PHYS1250 and be active inBMRS (Diagnostic Radiography) (11017) or BMRS (Honours) (Diagnostic Radiography) (40002) program to enrol in this course.
MRSC1110 Clinical Education I MRSC1100 Mrs Professional Methods 1 Must be enrolled in or have successfully passed MRSC2100
Portfolio: Professional Skills / Clinical Competence Portfolio
In Term Test: Objectively Structured Clinical Exam (OSCE)
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
- NSW Health Verification Requirements - Mandatory NSW Health Verification Requirements must be met.
Face to Face Off Campus 40 hour(s) per Week for 5 Weeks
A minimum of 200 hours/25 shifts of clinical practice. Clinical briefing 1 hr per semester and debriefing 1 hr per semester - compulsory attendance NOTE: Full term does not include those times students are on a timetabled professional placement
Face to Face On Campus 1.5 hour(s) per Week for Full Term