Diagnostic Radiography Professional Practice 1
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
This course provides students with the opportunity to begin to develop professional knowledge, skills, attitudes and experience, by participating in professional skill labs at university and by attending a professional placement at an accredited diagnostic radiography clinical centre. The labs and professional placement will increase confidence and competence in undertaking and participating in basic professional procedures. The labs must be passed to be allowed to attend professional placement, and pass the course. Clinical placement occurs during Semester 2 for five weeks.
This course is a Compulsory Program Component and must be passed in order to progress in the Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Diagnostic Radiography).
|Objectives||Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
1. apply, participate in, and develop clinical skills in, MRS procedures at a level suitable to their current clinical experience
2. begin to develop and demonstrate a professional attitude towards members of the public and other health care workers
3. begin to develop clinical reasoning skills
4. begin to develop and apply communication skills with members of the public and other health care workers
5. practice within an ethical and legal framework
6. be able to evaluate and critique his or her role within and during the clinical period, according to the level of experience
|Content||This course is fully integrated with MRSC1100. Medical radiation science students in Year I are expected to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes, practice and procedure, at a level commensurate with their professional development as outlined in MRSC1100.
. Musculo-skeletal imaging
. Cardio-respiratory imaging
Must be enrolled in or have successfully passed MRSC1100.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Clinical: for 200 hour(s) per Term for 5 weeks
Laboratory: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 9 weeks
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for MRSC1110|