Theory in Management
The course provides a comprehensive analysis of a selection of seminal and recent articles from the management discipline
- Semester 1 - 2015
- Semester 1 - 2016
1. Discuss specialised and advanced theories in management,
2. Demonstrate professional skills in management, informed by the ability to analyse, evaluate and synthesise both quantitative and qualitative information.
3. Demonstrate critical thinking and intensive research through written and verbal communication.
4. Positively contribute to the development of organisations through the processes of research and inquiry.
This course will advance the objectives outlined above by exploring practical, theoretical and methodological issues in management. The content of the coursework topics may vary from year to year depending on the number of students, their specific interests and the availability of staff.
Articles may be drawn from a wide spectrum including:
- business strategy,
- organisation behaviour,
- international business and entrepreneurship,
- corporate governance,
- finance and investments
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Business (Honours) program.
An appropriate undergraduate degree with approval by Head of School.
Written Assignment: Essays/Written Assignments
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Fortnight for Full Term
This course may also be taught as a readings unit as determined by student enrolment numbers