Not available in 2012
Apply your knowledge in a real world business environment. Within this guided research project, you will identify an organisational problem, explore relevant literature, develop appropriate solutions and construct a final report. Projects are developed in cooperation with business organisations and professional firms. Through an alignment with a suitable organisation you will enhance your competencies in your chosen area of specialisation. The project will be specific to the major being undertaken including HRM, International Business, Management, Marketing and Tourism. The project enables you to take responsibility and employ complex analysis and research skills to resolve relevant business problems.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
1. Analyse the needs of a specific workplace project and meet the organisation's requirements through to the completion of the project, culminating in a written report.
2. Locate, analyse and evaluate contemporary research information relevant to the workplace project.
3. Critically evaluate the actual project outcomes and identify reasons for any deviations from the stated expected outcomes.
4. Employ the inquiry and research process to contribute to organisational improvement.
5. Engage in reflective practices throughout a project cycle to improve personal and business outcomes.
6. Appreciate and apply professional behaviour and ethical practices.
7. Demonstrate an integrative understanding of the diverse perspectives apparent within the work environment.
The topics covered in workshops may include:
1. Data gathering techniques,
2. Communicating effectively in writing for a range of purposes and audiences,
3. Giving presentations, clearly outlining their purpose and themes and as a logical sequence of ideas;
4. Identifying problems and analysing the main features of a business situation;
5. Application of theory to resolve the problems in the context that the organisation operates;
6. Identifying, evaluating and making recommendations for the resolution of organisational problems.
Modes of Delivery
Workshop: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term