Retail Marketing looks at all aspects of analysing the overall distribution system, the retail environment, and developing and implementing retail strategies, through an in depth analysis of: location decisions, store design, merchandising processes, pricing, promotion, customer service and retail selling. National and international retail perspectives are reflected and emphasis is given to developing collaborative work processes and critical and adaptive thinking skills, both valued attributes within the profession.
- Semester 1 - 2015
1. Demonstrate an integrative understanding of the context and environment in which retailing takes place.
2. Apply a strategic approach to retailing issues and decisions.
3. Exhibit an in-depth awareness of national and international benchmarking and best practices in retailing.
4. Work autonomously and collaboratively to analyse complex retail environments, reflect on and synthesise the analysis as part of an ongoing experiential-learning process. This process involves generating a holistic understanding of specific retail contexts that leads to the development of practical retail recommendations that apply relevant retail theory.
5. Utilise written and verbal skills to effectively communicate the application of retail-management knowledge to specific retail contexts.
The course looks at all aspects of analysing:
- the overall distribution system,
- the retail environment,
- developing retail strategies, and
- implementing retail strategies.
There is more in-depth analysis of:
- location decisions,
- store design,
- merchandising process,
- customer service, and
- retail selling.
Throughout the course there is an emphasis on the role of performance indicators, benchmarking and best practices and the application of these principles to Australian and international retail organisations and to the underlying retail concepts and functions.
MKTG2100 Principles of Marketing
Presentation: Retail Audit Presentation
Written Assignment: Retail Audit Analytical Memos
Written Assignment: Image Study
Formal Examination: Final Exam
Written Assignment: Retail Audit Report
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term