Principles of Marketing
To achieve business success requires constant review of marketing strategies and maintenance of marketing knowledge. The Principles of Marketing introduces foundational concepts/frameworks in marketing and develops both strategic and short-term marketing and planning perspectives. Topics include the marketing environment, market segmentation, new product development and the marketing mix, as well as mix interactions, strategies, implementations and controls. This course develops communication and team processes which are valued attributes within marketing environments.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2016.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Examine and discuss the key concepts and principles of marketing;
2. Identify and explain the main factors involved in understanding the marketplace;
3. Demonstrate an integrative understanding of the steps involved in marketing planning;
4. Analyse the components of the marketing mix;
5. Access, analyse, evaluate and synthesise information appropriate for marketing activities.
6. Work collaboratively to challenge and develop ideas, and to communicate outcomes in both oral and written contexts.
Lectures may include, but will not be restricted to, the following topics:
- Marketing overview & the environment
- Strategic & Marketing Planning
- Marketing Research
- Markets & Buyer Behaviour
- Segmentation Targeting and Positioning
- New Product Development Strategy
- Products, Services and Experience
- Pricing and Distribution Strategy
- Promotion and Marketing Communication Strategy
- International Marketing
- Creating Competitive Advantage
Quiz: Online Quizzes *
Report: Individual Written Report *
Written Assignment: Group Written Analytical Report *
Formal Examination: Formal exam *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.