Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|UoN Singapore||Trimester 1|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
To achieve business success requires constant review of marketing strategies and maintenance of marketing knowledge. The Principles of Marketing introduces foundational concepts/frameworks in marketing and develops both strategic and short-term marketing and planning perspectives. Topics include the marketing environment, market segmentation, new product development and the marketing mix, as well as mix interactions, strategies, implementations and controls. This course develops communication and team processes which are valued attributes within marketing environments.
At the successful completion of the course you will be able to:
1. Examine and discuss the key concepts and principles of marketing;
2. Identify and explain the main factors involved in understanding the marketplace;
3. Demonstrate an integrative understanding of the steps involved in marketing planning;
4. Analyse the components of the marketing mix;
5. Access, analyse, evaluate and synthesise information appropriate for marketing activities.
6. Work collaboratively to challenge and develop ideas, and to communicate outcomes in both oral and written contexts.
Lectures may include, but will not be restricted to, the following topics:
1. Marketing overview & the environment
2. Strategic & Marketing Planning
3. Marketing Research
4. Markets & Buyer Behaviour
5. Segmentation Targeting and Positioning
6. New Product Development Strategy
7. Products, Services and Experience
8. Pricing and Distribution Strategy
9. Promotion and Marketing Communication Strategy
10. International Marketing
11. Creating Competitive Advantage
This course is not available to students who have successfully completed MKTG1000.
Modes of Delivery
Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks