Computer Aided Engineering and Manufacturing
Further students' knowledge in the use of computer aided engineering software for solids and surface modelling, computer aided manufacturing, computation fluid mechanics, and selected topics in FEA. Students will also be familiarised with the concept of rapid prototyping and the control of a Numerically Controlled Work Centre. This course is strongly recommended if you are considering the Formula SAE project for your final year project.
- Trimester 1 - 2015 (Singapore)
- Trimester 1 - 2016 (Singapore)
- Semester 1 - 2016
1. Model a range of complex geometries
2. Understand the file relationships between parts and assemblies
3. Generate geometry suitable for CFD analysis
4. Complete CFD analysis with some confidence
- Exposure to Computation Fluid Dynamics Software and Modelling
- Advanced solids modelling, assemblies, and surface modelling.
- Essentials of Numerical Control.
- Selected topics from FEA
MECH2110 Mechanical Engineering Design 1
Written Assignment: Advanced 3D Computer Aided Design Assignment
Written Assignment: Computer Aided Manufacturing Assignment
Project: CFD Major Project
Project: Major Project
In Term Test: In Class Exam
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term