Students learn the fundamental principles of transport phenomena and how they can use them to solve engineering problems. The course, which nicely blends physical and mathematical concepts, provides an excellent support to the students for expanding/developing the analytical skills built on previous knowledge of mathematics and physics.
Availability2017 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2017
- Trimester 2 - 2017 (Singapore)
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding the principles of transport of mass, momentum and heat.
2. Describe transport processes.
3. Write transport equations.
4. Solve engineering problems.
5. Assess the plausibility of his/her solution.
The course covers various topics including:
- Boundary layers
- Pipe flows
- Momentum equations
- Dimensional analysis
- Heat transfer phenomena - conduction, convention and radiation
The students are assumed to have completed their basic course in Thermofluids and Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations.
Written Assignment: Written Assignment
Report: Lab Exercise and Written Report
Callaghan and UoN Singapore
Face to Face On Campus 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term