Students learn the fundamental principles of transport phenomena and how they can use them to solve engineering problems. The course, which nicely blends physical and mathematical concepts, provides an excellent support to the students for expanding/developing the analytical skills built on previous knowledge of mathematics and physics.
- Semester 1 - 2015
- Trimester 2 - 2015 (Singapore)
1. The student gain an understanding the principles of transport of mass, momentum, and heat.
2. The student can describe transport processes.
3. The student can write the transport equations.
4. The student can solve problems.
5. The student can assess the plausibility of his/her solution.
The course covers various topics including:
- Boundary layers
- Pipe flows
- Momentum equations
- Dimensional analysis
- Heat transfer phenomena - conduction, convention and radiation
The students are assumed to have completed their basic course in Thermofluids and Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations.
Written Assignment: Written Assignment
Report: Lab Exercise & Written Report
Face to Face On Campus 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Students enrolled in the part-time evening programme at UoN Singapore will receive equivalent instruction delivered in a block mode of 7 teaching weeks
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term