Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
|UoN Singapore||Trimester 2|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Force and stress analysis, axial stress shear stress, bending stress. Transformation of stress and strain. Analysis and design of simple machine components such as shafts, springs, bolted connections. Impact loads, reliability and fatigue calculations.
Expose students to basic design tools and skills
1. Force and stress analysis
2. Axial stress shear stress, bending stress
3. Transformation of stress and strain
4. Analysis and design of simple machine component such as shafts, springs, bolted connections
5. Impact loads, reliability and fatigue calculations.
GENG1001 Introduction to Engineering Mechanics
Modes of Delivery
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
Lecture: for 5 hour(s) per Week for Full Term