Marine Science Project
Provides third year students with direct experience in conducting independent marine research. Research projects will involve aspects of study design, sample and/or data collection and statistical analysis, interpretation and completion of a written final report. In addition to the final report, this course will require two seminar presentations (research proposal and final results), two brief progress reports, and a critique of a selected research paper.
Not currently available.
1. Experience in independent marine research study, including literature review, project design, data collection and analysis, and interpretation
2. Developed efficiency in time-management and goal-setting
3. Developed skills in critical thinking and problem solving
4. Enhanced skills in oral communication (content and presentation)
5. Developed appropriate report writing skills
The content of MARI3400 is largely the conduct of an independent research project. Accompanying coursework includes tutorials, progress reports, a critique of a relevant research paper and a final report. Regular meetings for project consultation and assistance will be held on a one-to-one basis, for all students
BIOL2070 Ecology MARI2300 Marine Biology MARI2320 Marine Ecology MARI3320 Ecological Methodology
Written Assignment: Essays / Written Assignments
Presentation: Presentations - Individual
Face to Face On Campus 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term