This course provides students with essential skills in academic writing, combining theoretical perspectives of the conventions of academic writing with practical applications in a wide range of academic genres, including essay, literature review, and research paper.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2015.
1. Awareness of the conventions of academic writing;
2. Advanced understanding of the specifics of different academic genres;
3. Ability to plan and execute academic writing projects within a prescribed academic format;
4. Ability to communicate complex and abstract ideas in compliance with the conventions of academic writing.
The course explores the conventions of academic writing and the ways in which the language of academic writing can be used to communicate complex and abstract ideas. Topics to be covered include:
- Conventions of academic writing;
- Basic rhetorical devices in academic writing;
- Essentials of essay structure and composition;
- Other genres of academic writing (literature review, report, research paper, etc.);
- Essentials of referencing.
Written Assignment: Assignment 1
Written Assignment: Assignment 2
Written Assignment: Assignment 3
Written Assignment: Assignment 4
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term