Applied Leisure Project
|Course code LEIS3360||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Business and LawNewcastle Business School|
This capstone course provides a vehicle for students to demonstrate their knowledge and capabilities relevant to their strategic career plans. This course emphasises the importance of formal and informal networking in facilitating employment opportunities.
Students are required to develop a comprehensive career portfolio that includes relevant documentary evidence of their professional preparation for a career in the leisure industries. This course also requires students to undertake a large Work Integrated Learning experience designed to further develop capabilities relevant to their career goals.
Not available in 2015
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will:|
1. have gained demonstrable experience in a workplace /work training context that contributes to students identified career goals and interests.
2. critically evaluate the effectiveness of this experience in relation to individually developed learning objectives;
3. develop industry networks and contacts relevant to their career interests;
4. assess their professional strengths and weaknesses with reference to the student portfolio.
|Content||1. Managing a Work integrated learning experience placement or project (WIL.|
2. Journal preparation.
3. Evaluating (WIL) learning processes outcomes.
4. Assessing professional strengths and weaknesses.
5. Developing industry networks.
6. Developing a Career Portfolio.
|Replacing Course(s)||Not applicable.|
|Assumed Knowledge||LEIS3350 - Leisure Management Practice III.|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Teaching Methods||Email Discussion Group|
Experience Based Learning
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Individual Supervision: for .05 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|
Email Discussion Group: for 3 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
Practical: for 100 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
Seminar: for 6 hour(s) per Term for Full Term