Advanced Latin B
One of four advanced level Latin courses enabling students to proceed to a major in Latin. They consist of parallel reading and grammar classes, and provide students with the opportunity to read and comprehend the major Latin classics.
- Semester 2 - 2016
- Semester 1 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. consolidate Latin grammar points covered at 1000 level and in LATN2501
2. apply knowledge of major grammatical constructions to the reading of texts.
3. read and understand Latin texts of a standard suited to students who have completed 20 units at 1000 level and LATN2501: including Latin of various genres including tragedy and comedy, poetry and prose.
4. enhance one's command of English by appreciation of its relation to and differences from Latin.
- Reading of texts (2: a minor one of verse and major one of prose [Cicero or similar]) of suitable difficulty for students who have completed 20 units of Latin at 1000 level + LATN2501.
- Study of the historical, literary, and cultural content of the set texts.
- Parallel study of relevant additional grammar.
Equivalent to 20 units of Latin at 1000 level + LATN2501
Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Exercises to test grammar points related to set texts
In Term Test: School examinations
Face to Face On Campus 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term