Japanese Culture and Identity
|Course code JAPN2420||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Humanities and Social Science|
This course examines aspects of Japanese society and culture using English-language texts only.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||1. Enhance students' understanding of Japanese culture and society.|
2. Improve students' analytical skills through the reading of major texts in this field.
3. Improve students' capacity for independent research.
4. Improve students' essay writing skills.
5. Introduce students to the conceptual problems involved in studying a culture other than their own.
|Content||This course examines some of the major themes in Japanese society and culture. Students will study|
* Aspects of traditional culture;
* Aspects of contemporary culture;
* National identity;
* Print and electronic media.
|Replacing Course(s)||(2003) JAPN2320. The deletion of this course does not impact on any other programs.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 13 weeks|
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for JAPN2420|