Japanese Society and The World
Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
This course examines aspects of Japanese society and culture using English-language texts.
1. Enhance students' understanding of Japanese culture and society.
2. Improve students' analytical skills through the reading of major texts in this field.
3. Improve students' capacity for independent research.
4. Improve students' essay writing skills.
5. Introduce students to the conceptual problems involved in studying a culture other than their own.
This course examines some of the major themes in Japanese society and culture. Students will study
* Physical and human geography of the Japanese islands;
* Political and administrative systems;
* Culture and lifestyles;
* International relations.
(2003) JAPN2310. The deletion of this course does not impact on any other programs.
Modes of Delivery
Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 13 weeks