IT Major Project
After an introductory session students form groups, each of which works on a major IT project for the semester. Projects will refine and deepen the knowledge and skills acquired by students in the BIT Core courses and also in courses that have formed their major. Students also complete an individual task within the course on a topic related directly to their major. Students are encouraged to find and develop real projects with industry partners. The written project reports and documentation are complemented with an oral presentation and regular project group meetings.
- Semester 2 - 2015
- Semester 2 - 2015
- Trimester 2 - 2015 (Singapore)
1. Deepened their knowledge in IT generally, and their major specifically.
2. Worked as a part of a team to achieve a multi-faceted set of outcomes in a realistic business environment.
3. Encountered scheduling and scope issues that they needed to manage using professional project management techniques.
- Information technology project design
- Information technology project management
- Information technology project implementation
- Information technology business venturing and entrepreneurship
- Professional practice and ethics
- Working in organisations
This course replaces the following course(s): INFT3930. Students who have successfully completed INFT3930 are not eligible to enrol in INFT3970.
COMP1050, INFT1001, INFT1004, INFT2040 and INFT2009, INFT3100 or equivalents. This course requires proficiency in understanding and expressing complex concepts at tertiary level. High levels of academic English are required. Students who have not undertaken at least 40 units of 2000/3000 level courses on campus at The University of Newcastle at Callaghan, Ourimbah or Singapore are advised to consult with the Course Co-ordinator before enrolling.
Project: Group Project
Presentation: Exhibition Presentation
Written Assignment: Initial Scope Document
Essay: Individual Research Essay
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 1 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term