Information Technology Applications
Available in 2012
|UoN Singapore||Trimester 1, Trimester 2|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Expands and integrates students' information technology skills and knowledge through the investigation of specific information technology applications. Considers how a range of information technology components is combined in solving relevant problems. Integrates students' information technology knowledge and skills with their knowledge in application domains.
This course has a Compulsory Course Component in the final examination.
On completion of this course students will have the ability to:
1. Understand how software and hardware components can be combined into commonly used and innovative information technology applications;
2. Develop information technology solutions to complex problems from a number of application domains;
3. Apply their information technology skills and knowledge to problems of the type they will encounter in the information technology profession.
1. A number of diverse applications of Information Technology
2. The methods and techniques used in each application
3. Where appropriate, the software packages used to implement each application.
The applications addressed will vary from time to time, in keeping with the rapid change in Information Technology. Examples might be: computer-based modelling; real-time techniques; artificial intelligence; robotics; and cryptography.
Modes of Delivery
Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term