|Course code INFT3050||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Design, Communication and IT|
Introduces concepts and skills needed to develop and manage small to medium web facing server systems. Covers object oriented techniques, event-driven programming, development or effective user interfaces, database integration and server side scripting.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will have:|
1. Acquired the knowledge and developed the skills needed to prototype a web-based end-user server-side application using a comprehensive contemporary development environment.
2. Acquired the knowledge and developed the skills needed to produce web browser interfaces that are aesthetic, intuitive and easy to use.
3. Acquired the knowledge and developed the skills to connect to databases from a comprehensive server-side web system.
4. Developed the skills needed to design, implement and present reports from a database.
|Content||1. Web based server side systems|
2. Event Driven Programming
3. Server and Client side scripting
4. Interactive Development Environments (IDE's)
5. Object-oriented design, reuse, the user interface
6. Database interfacing
|Replacing Course(s)||INFT2008 Information Systems Programming|
|Transition||Credit cannot be obtained for both INFT3050 and INFT2008.|
|Assumed Knowledge||INFT1004 Visual Programming and INFT2040 Database Management Systems|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Workshop: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for INFT3050|