Wireless Development for The Cloud
|Course code INFT3009||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Design, Communication and IT|
This course introduces the knowledge and skills used in web based applications. Emphasis is placed on commercial programming methodologies and techniques.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006|
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:|
1. Understand web technologies and acquire the knowledge and develop the skills needed to deploy and effectively use them in distributed, networked and cloud based business environments.
2. Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the different wireless and cloud application models.
3. Acquire the knowledge and develop the skills needed to implement them using web technologies.
|Content||- Distributed systems, Web architecture|
- Wireless Technologies and Applications
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Architectures and Technologies
- Design, Development and Coding of Distributed Applications.
|Replacing Course(s)||INFO3090 Web Database Integration|
|Transition||Credit cannot be obtained for both INFO3090 and INFT3009.|
|Assumed Knowledge||INFT1004 Visual Programming and INFT1001 Foundations of Information Technology|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Computer Lab: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term