Information Systems Development
Available in 2012
|UoN Singapore||Trimester 1, Trimester 3|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Addresses the techniques and tools used to construct modern information systems, especially those relating to electronic businesses. It equips students with business analysis skills to facilitate communication with information systems professionals.
This course has a Compulsory Course Component in the final examination.
The course aims to ensure that students will be able to:
1. describe the role of information systems in the modern business;
2. explain and demonstrate the correct usage of an information system development methodology;
3. analyse and design information systems;
4. evaluate the nature and role of computer programming;
5. apply elementary computer programming skills;
6. construct a database system.
On the theoretical side, Information Systems Development deals with
1. information systems;
2. tools for information system development;
3. systems analysis and design;
4. database theory and techniques;
5. computer programming theory and techniques.
The practical side of the course comprises
1. information system design and construction using a current development tool;
2. elementary computer programming using a current and relevant programming language.
BUSN1900 Electronic Business or
INFO1010 Introduction to Information Systems or
EBUS1010 Introduction to eBusiness or
EBUS2000 Information and Communication in Business
Modes of Delivery
Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Computer Lab: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term